This creamy sweet well balanced coffee comes from the Santa rosa region in western Honduras and is organically grown there.
COCAMOL was founded in 1997 with 21 founding members and has since grown to 51 members, 21 of whom are women. Providing women with good access to the market and a sustainable livelihood is still very important in many Latin American countries and anything but taken for granted.
Through the cooperation in the Fair Trade and organic certified cooperative, the families have been able to increase the quality and the production volume of the coffee and have better access to the market, which is central to their living conditions.
The coffee is cultivated at an altitude of 1300 to 1550 metres, which gives it the “Stricly Hard Bean” quality label.
Current projects with the Fairtrade premium:
- Trainings to increase productivity
-> The aim is to increase the household income of the farming families.
- Improvement of the warehouse to ensure a good storage of coffee.
- Acquisition of a small roasting plant for our own quality laboratory.
-> The aim is to further increase the quality of the coffee and thus the prices for the farmers.
- Production of organic fertilizers to improve soil fertility
- Sales and marketing activities to increase sales volume under Fairtrade conditions